Wednesday, May 13, 2009

.........Mother.........

You know, she has this uncanny ability to ease any situation...

.....This kid walked up behind us last night as we were getting out of the car. Still wearing his school uniform...A clearly distraught look on his face...Well, my heart is beating a bit faster cause, yeah I know I'm going to have to fight him off....

...Not her...She just turns to him and says, "Hey baby, what grade are you in?"
Astonished, he looked back up at her and said in an almost whispering voice, "Tenth grade, ma'am."
"O, ok, do you know my daughter,...???"
"Yes ma'am, I go to school with her..."
"So, where are You goin'??? Home???"
"Yes ma'am..."
"Ok, then. You be safe, hun."
"Aight..."

...Without hesitation, she just continues to walk towards the front door as if nothing happened...All the while, I'm standing there trying to keep my cool...

...Yeah, she's somethin' else alright....The strongest person I know actually...Well, with all the disappointments. Heart aches. Head aches. Pains (physical, mental, spiritual).

You know, she has this uncanny ability to fix things...

...Like the time I got a nail stuck in my foot after she told me NOT to play around on the old boards or "you'll get a nail stuck in your foot!" ...Or the time I drug my younger brother down the street with my bike ((((He was supposed to be holding on to the jump rope...that consequently got caught in his roller blades!!!)))) Yeah, she fixed his back right on up. It was good as new. Well, almost good as new ...What about the time that my playmate ((((Who was far too overweight for her age at the time!!!)))) fell from the top of my bunk bed on to my left foot! I thought I would never walk again!!! ...Ok, I'm pretty sure you get the picture...I could go on all day, that's just how much I've messed up........

Unfortunately, she also possesses this uncanny ability to ease the peace...if you know what I mean...

...She can walk into a quiet room, say one word, and the peace departs...It goes far beyond fussing or repremanding! Really can't explain it...As one might know, this is my least favorite part of the person I call "Mother."

...We were all sitting around watching TV and having a smashing good time ((((one of my favorite British phrases behind "toppa the morin" and "old chum"...Ok, maybe "toppa the mornin" is Irish? Hmmm? Ok, back to the task at hand!!!)))) So...Where was I...Yes, we're all sitting around enjoying one another, when all of a sudden, the front door opens and unfortunately, so does Mother's mouth!!! "What are y'all doin!" "Get up!!!" "Did anybody feed the dog!!!" "LOOK! I know y'all heard me!!!" "Turn the TV off!!!"

...As if she doesn't get mad enough...I tend to laugh and carry on nonchalantly...It's just how I am when I'm totally turned off by someone or something...In this case, Mother...

...O Mother...She's quite laughable actually...Well, I always laugh!!!


.........Peace until our next encounter.........

2 comments:

  1. SiTTiN here TiCKLED on the iNSiDE!.i can just see iT!.mothers: can't LiVE WiTH 'em, can't LiVE WiTHOUT 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....Yeah, I'm over here laughing @ her right now!!!

    ReplyDelete