Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hospital.

Sitting here legs crossed
Denim jeans
Forrest green scoop-necked shirt
Straw hat
Two twists to the back
Brown necklace. Heart and peace charms
In a daze
Just watching ppl pass in and out of the hospital room
Funny how our bodies tend to pause life
A couple of days ago, just up and about the house
Next morning, you're gone
Curse my 1pm rises!
Had I been up earlier....
Sitting here awaiting your arrival from your procedure.
Sorry about hurting your feelings. Didn't come see you for two days.
You didn't hesitate to let me know.
But this...all of this...hurts my feelings
Seeing you like this.
Wondering if this will be your last hospital visit
The least you could do is stick around to watch me graduate.
From college....Ok law school if that's not too much to ask for....
So I'm just gonna sit here
And wait
And wait.....
Havnt eaten all day.
Won't eat til I know you are well.
I'm waiting.............
Please don't talk to me, Sir.
Ma'am, hands off.
No hugs. No kisses. No conversation.
I'm visibly distraught as you all can tell.
For obvious reasons
So, allow me to wait.
In peace.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment